3.29.2021 • Blog
With all of the cyber risks present today, companies need new technology that provides added security and adequate access control. Additionally, companies need a network that offers a reliable connection from any location. For companies looking for a cost-effective solution that improves security and performance, SASE is a viable solution. Learn more about what SASE is and the benefits it offers below.
What is SASE?
SASE, also known as Secure Access Service Edge, is a cybersecurity network that combines WAN and a security system into one cloud-based system. SASE ensures security for applications and user connectivity across the entire network. It can also use internet links to connect to multiple clouds, resulting in a scalable solution for growing businesses. The system delivers straight to the connection source, eliminating the need for an enterprise data center.
Benefits of SASE
According to a 2019 Gartner report, at least 40% of companies will have plans to implement SASE by 2024. It’s no surprise as to why SASE is quickly rising in popularity, as SASE offers many benefits for organizations, including:
- Increased Flexibility: Since SASE is a cloud-based system, your company can add additional security services, such as web filtering, data loss prevention, or DNS security, as needed.
- Decreased Costs: SASE prevents you from needing to buy a separate WAN network and security system, since it is a single network. This will save your company from unnecessary costs.
- Software-Dependent: Since SASE is cloud-based, your company won’t have to worry about purchasing expensive hardware and equipment to keep the network running.
- Increased Security: SASE provides increased security in several ways. For one, you can restrict access to specific data by putting data protection policies in place. SASE also gives full visibility into your network. Additionally, SASE can securely connect IoT devices that typically have minimal security in place.
- Increased Simplicity: SASE offers a more simplistic and streamlined network for your organization.
- Faster Operations: By implementing systems like zero-touch deployment and policy-based control, you can accelerate and automate operations, increasing the productivity and efficiency of your organization.
Implement SASE With Your Company Today
SASE offers many benefits to your organization, including increased security, better performance, and more flexibility. To learn more about SASE or to implement SASE within your company, please reach out to our experts at COEO. We are happy to answer any questions you have.