Some of the other costs to consider include:
- 911 service costs about $2 per month in addition to a fee for each 911 call that is placed
- 411 service costs usually start at $1 for each 411 call but pricing can vary
There will also be some surcharges, taxes, and fees for SIP trunking service. There is usually some room to negotiate surcharges and fees as long as this issue is brought up.
Factors to Consider in SIP Trunking Prices
Now that the various charges have been covered, those who are interested in SIP trunking should consider the following factors when it comes to SIP trunking prices. These include:
- The cost of origination versus termination (which is the direction of the call)
- The difference in prices for local phone numbers (which are cheaper) vs. toll-free numbers (which are more expensive)
- Options for intelligent service pricing, which should cover secure trunking (the ability to encrypt data), call concurrency (how many calls can be supported at once), and the ability to record an store phone calls
- The length of the contract
- Access to 24/7 technical support, which is a key factor in customer service
- The ability to make an account go paperless
Finally, when looking at SIP trunking, it is also important to ask about scalability. How easy is it to increase or decrease service, when required? Is it possible to upgrade channels in real-time if needed? This should include minutes, lines, and DIDs.
SIP trunking is a great way to handle commercial phone services. It makes connection and communication easier amongst both employees and clients. In order to get the best system for your business at an optimal cost, it is important to consider all of these factors before signing an SIP trunking contract.